October 7, 2014
Only 85 days until ESOS qualification date!
All businesses that qualify for Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) on 31st December, 2014, need to have submitted all the paperwork about their energy audit by 5th December, 2015. If your business has 250 or more employees or has less than 250 employees but has an annual turnover exceeding €50m AND a balance sheet exceeding €43m, then you are likely to be in scope of ESOS. Some universities will be affected (depending upon their funding) as well as not-for-profit bodies who are engaged in a trade or business. If you are unsure of whether you are affected, contact us.
- If you have an ISO50001 Energy Management System, you will still need to notify the Environment Agency of your compliance
- If you qualify for ESOS but are not fully covered by ISO50001, you will need to carry out an ESOS assessment
- Assessment will take into account the energy partly covered by ISO50001, Display Energy Certificates (DECs) or Green Deal Assessment (GDA).
- Calculate your total energy consumption
- Conduct site surveys for different building types
- Identify areas of savings including estimated ROI
- Compile a report with recommendations on how to save energy
- Appoint a Lead Assessor