October 15, 2014
Upgrading your broadband?
Are you thinking of upgrading your broadband? The SuperConnected Cities programme is designed to meet local needs while helping local businesses to grow and develop. The Scheme is open until 31st March, 2015. If you would like any further details about the Scheme, please contact us.
The Government has committed £150million for the programme which is being managed by a unit within the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Is my Business Eligible?
Broadband Connection Vouchers are available to Small or Medium Enterprises if:
- Your business is within an eligible area one of the 22 cities taking part in the Scheme – we can check this for you
- You are a SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader
- Installation of your new broadband connection will cost over £100
- The connection is for your business premises. You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum of 6 month contract with your broadband supplier
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed or performance improvement on your current connection.
- You have not received more than around £120,000 in grants in the last 3 years
Some cities operate additional eligibility rules depending upon your business sector.
Also, work out whether your business requires faster broadband. The Connection Voucher will pay towards the cost of getting you connected but you will have to meet the ongoing service charges.
Do you need faster broadband for your business?
- How many people will use the connection at the same time?
- How often do you need to download/upload large files?
- How important is it that you can access a high speed connection all the time or doesn’t it matter if it’s slower at certain times of the day?
- How important is the reliability of your service and the quality of technical support offered?
Do you intend to use any of the following services regularly?
- run my telephone services over the broadband (VoIP)
- Video conferencing
- Staff accessing files in the office, from home or on the road
- Using services in the “cloud”
- Working with clients on designs/documents in real time
This information has been taken from https://connectionvouchers.co.uk